Dunstone Manor – The House
An elegant 5-star private manor house situated in a secluded spot, on the southern rise of the estate. Dunstone Manor house is a stately double storey house set amongst lush gardens, towering shady oak trees and vineyards. This beautiful house has an air of tranquility and lots of privacy, making it the perfect retreat.
This exquisite property is booked as a fully serviced private house and can accommodate 6 people on a self-catering basis or with your own private chef, or meals can be enjoyed at our Bistro – the stone kitchen a short stroll away.
Children can be accommodated in cot beds or mattresses within the manor and additional guests can stay in our Acorn cottage located in the grounds or at one of our guest house suites (300m away) or vine honeymoon suite (150m away), located a few hundred meters away beyond the vineyard.
The house is located close to our small boutique working winery – we offers winery tours and guests in season can participate in all aspects of the wine making.
3 beautifully decorated en-suite bedrooms are located on the first floor. All have stunning views of the gardens, vineyards and surrounding mountains. Downstairs a spacious beautiful lounge with luscious furniture and a grand fireplace leads out to the stoep, private sun drenched pool and patio area furnished with comfortable sun loungers. The stoep has a large braai facility which is perfect for outdoor entertaining.
A fully equipped farmhouse kitchen includes a dishwasher, microwave and gas hob. For the night you don’t wish to cook, hire our private in-house chef or dine at our estate restaurant – The Stone Kitchen.
(Please note that the property is located on a working wine farm close to the winery. Daily activities such as pruning and spraying the vines, picking the grapes and making the wine must continue throughout the year.)
Be Our Guest
The Willow Room over looks the swimming pool, lush gardens with oak trees. This room is fitted with a king sized extra length bed (or 2 twin beds), a flatscreen TV, dressing table and beautifully appointed furniture. The large en-suite bathroom hosts a stand alone claw bath, a large separate shower and twin basins. All room are located on the first floor.
The Oak Room over looks the lush gardens filled with oak trees. This room is fitted with a king sized extra length bed (or 2 this beds), a flatscreen TV, dressing table and beautifully appointed neutral furniture. The large en-suite bathroom hosts a stand alone claw bath and a large separate shower. All rooms are situated on the first floor.
The Olive Room offers wonderful views of the mountains and surrounding lush gardens. This room is fitted with a king sized extra length bed (or twin beds), a flatscreen TV and beautifully appointed furniture. The large en-suite bathroom hosts a stand alone claw bath and a large separate shower. All bedroom are located on the first floor.
- Private house: Self-catering (6 Guests) – 5 star TGCSA. Fully serviced, arrival tea and cake, complimentary wine tasting and cellar tours.
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner is available at our estate’s Bistro, or on room service.
- Private in-house chef available to hire
- Fully serviced – housekeeping, pool and garden maintenance a day.
- Lounge with fireplace leading out to a covered veranda with dining area & braai facilities
- Lounge with large screen television with a DSTV hotel package and a DVD player
- I pod docking station
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Dining room with fireplace
- Under covered built in braai facilities with outside seating & comfy occasional chairs
- Swimming pool (9 x 4 metres) with comfy sunbeds & pool towels
- A vine covered stoep & seating area at the front of the house over looking the gardens
- Honesty bar – wines from the Estate’s award winning winery and craft beers.
- Tea & coffee making facilities
- Large garden with beautiful old oak trees
- A dam & vineyards
- Off-street vine shaded parking
- Free wifi
- Ten hectares of land to explore, including vineyards & fruit orchards
- Bistro lunch restaurant on site offering country style meals in a casual setting
- Dinners available on request: we offer a nightly chef’s specials as well as our bistro menu
- In house chef to hire
- Wine making adventures during harvest season
ALL ROOMS PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING
- Air-conditioning with cooling & heating mode
- Fine cotton linen
- Goose-down duvets & pillows
- Mosquito net
- En-suite bathroom
- High quality towels
- Bath robes
- Luxury amenities
- Tea tray
- A safe
- Flatscreen television with DSTV hotel package,
- In room mini bar
- Airport transfers
- Laundry service
- Mountain bike hire
- Cellar tours & wine tasting
- Baby sitting on request
- Private chef to hire
- On site restaurant
- Restaurant reservations
- Local information, tour planning & booking
2nd May 2020 to
1st October 2019 to
Exclusive Hire of the 3 Bedroom House (Self-Catering)
Honeymoon extras – champagne, petals & added extras
Booking During the month of November for stays between 1st November 2019 & 30th April 2020 and pay only R4160 per night.
Standard Check-In from 3pm – Check-Out before 12pm
Please note that children are welcome when hiring the Manor.