COVID – 19 – Please note that during this crisis the owners at Dunstone Country house are doing everything possible to protect our staff and our guests from contacting the virus.
Acorn Cottage – The Honeymoon Cottage
The Acorn honeymoon cottage in the grounds of the Dunstone manor estate is a beautifully furnished romantic honeymoon one-bedroom cottage with a luxurious en-suite bathroom, a large bright and delicately furnished lounge with fireplace, kitchenette and dining area. Both the bedroom and lounge extend out through large double doors onto a pretty veranda overlooking a garden with plunge pool, mountains and vineyard views.
Framed by a huge mirrored door the romantic and luxurious bathroom has a double ended bath, large shower and double vanities. The bedroom has a king sized bed, luxury linen and mosquito net. The pretty farm style kitchenette in the lounge offers all the facilities you need if you wish to self-cater – oven and induction stove, dish washer, large fridge freezer, mircowave and other appliances, alternatively dine at our restaurant for breakfast or lunch.
The cottage is an idyllic private honeymoon escape for two or an ideal extra room if renting the larger manor house nearby. With a self-catering option it makes the perfect retreat for those looking to spend time relaxing and exploring the winelands. For those who don’t wish to self-cater you can dine or get a takeaway from at our onsite restaurant – The Stone Kitchen. The cottage also has a portable weber braai, enjoy sunset at the small farm dam across the garden – a wonderful spot to enjoy a sun downer and an alfresco dinner.
In summer the cottage offers lots of lovely shade under grand old trees, in winter be warmed by the oven log fire and underfloor heating throughout – an ideal cottage for all seasons.
Please note children can not be accommodated at the cottage.
Please note that the property is located on a working wine farm and daily activities such as pruning and spraying the vines or picking the grapes must continue throughout the year.
- Private cottage: Self-catering
- Breakfast, Lunch is available at our estate’s bistro – check the bistro page for opening hours.
- Serviced weekly. Daily service available at an additional charge
- Separate bedroom with king sized bed and large en-suite bathroom with shower, bath and double vanity.
- Lounge area with fireplace leading out to a vine covered veranda
- Lounge has a large screen television with a DSTV hotel package
- Fully equipped small kitchen within the lounge area, with induction hob, electric oven, dishwasher, large fridge freezer, microwave, toaster, tea and coffee making facilities.
- Dining table
- Plunge pool with comfy sunbeds & pool towels
- A vine covered stoep
- Honesty wine bar – wines from the Estate’s award-winning winery
- Tea & coffee making facilities
- Welcome wood basket
- Large garden with beautiful old trees
- Dam & vineyards views
- Off-street parking
- Free wifi
- Ten hectares of land to explore, including vineyards & fruit orchards
- Bistro lunch restaurant on site offering country style meals in a casual setting
- Wine making adventures during harvest season
ROOM PROVIDES THE FOLLOWING
- Lounge Air-conditioning with cooling & heating mode
- Bedroom ceiling fan
- Underfloor heating throughout
- Fine cotton linen
- Mosquito net
- Down duvets & pillows
- En-suite bathroom
- High quality towels
- Bath robes
- Luxury amenities
- Welcome tea tray
- Welcome wood basket
- A safe
- Flatscreen television with DSTV hotel package,
- In room honesty wine bar
- Serviced weekly, housekeeping available daily – additional charges apply
- Airport transfers
- Laundry service
- Mountain bike hire
- Cellar tours & wine tasting
- Private chef to hire
- On site restaurant
- Restaurant reservations
- Local information, tour planning & booking
2nd May 2020 to
1st October 2019 to
1 Bedroom Cottage Self-Catering (Per Unit)
Honeymoon extras – champagne, petals & added extras
Standard Check-In from 2pm – Check-Out before 12pm
Please note that children cannot be accommodated at the cottage.