Dunstone Beach House
Dunstone Beach House is located in Jacobs Bay on the West Coast. Positioned less than 50m from the water’s edge and just a few steps from the long, soft sandy beach, this magnificent location offers you the perfect chance to fall asleep with the sounds of the waves crashing on the shore.
Our self-catering house has been designed to fully appreciate the location, with full length sliding glass doors leading out onto a sun deck, and then immediately onto the beach. From the bedrooms to the living area, the entire house opens up giving direct access to decking and the dunes. It is ideally situated at the end of the peninsula, overlooking Hospital Bay – a long wide sandy beach. Perfect for taking long walks, it is also safe for children and dogs to play. The sea is equally safe for swimming and body surfing and if you are lucky you may get to watch dolphins playing in the surf; just beware – the ocean is a little cold!
Dunstone Beach House – A Home Away From Home
With 4 large en suite bedrooms, Dunstone Beach House sleeps 8 adults comfortably, or 6 adults and children. Additional children can be accommodated on mattresses – please enquire.
The main level has a fully equipped open plan kitchen, lounge and dining area which lead onto the deck overlooking the sea. In addition to this, there is a indoor braai area and comfy seating, and a TV lounge with full DSTV and DVD player.
The lower level downstairs has a large entertainment room with comfy sofas and bean bags and a large 55 inch TV with separate full DSTV and DVD, mini kitchenette with electric oven, fridge, freezer, and additional kitchen. This level also has a large sheltered outdoor braai with chimney.
Dunstone Beach House is perfect for entertaining, relaxing and enjoying beach life at its best. Please note: if you wish to braai/barbecue please bring your own grate. Furthermore, there is no Wifi, so please bring your own dongle if you need to connect.
There are beautiful views from every room of the house. Two bedrooms are located off the main level living area. The third bedroom is a situated downstairs, off the entertainment room. The loft room is tastefully furnished and located up a spiral staircase – this room makes the ideal kids’ dens.
About The Area
Jacobs Bay is a traditional west coast little fishing village with white washed homes and is the perfect place to fish, dive, sail, go for long scenic walks or just to chill on the sandy shores.
Dunstone Beach House Reviews
Read a recent article by travel writer, Jared in Cape Town, on his digital detox at Dunstone Beach House. Click here
Dunstone Beach House is just one of the beautiful accommodation options that fall under the Dunstone Collection. For an escape to the Cape Winelands, be sure to visit our luxury guesthouse and B&B accommodation, Dunstone Country Estate.
Be Our Guest
The main bedroom has large sliding doors leading onto a private balcony overlooking the beach and sea, as well as a 2nd private balcony with double doors overlooking the sea and village.
Furnished with a King sized bed (or twin) with fine cotton linen, goose down duvet and pillows. It as a flat screen TV with full DSTV and USB. It includes a sofa to relax and a full en-suite bathroom with large shower and separate bath.
The thatched loft is an open plan large relaxed bedroom ideal for kids, a couple or a couple with kids. Complete with ensuite shower room, it contains 2 x queen sized beds and two single mattresses. The loft room is reached by a spiral stairwell. Kids love this space and there is also a TV for watching DVDs.
Dunstone Beach House is set on the dunes of Jacob’s Bay, just 50 m from the shoreline. It offers uninterrupted views form every room.
The house has a fully equipped kitchen. The dining area leads to the deck and covered patio which has a built in braai/barbecue. Please bring your own braai grate with you.
The deck is furnished with chairs and sun lounges. Cushions and beach towels are included, as well as a few toys for children to play in the sand.
DUNSTONE BEACH HOUSE ACCOMMODATION TYPE
- Private house: Self-catering (8 Guests)
- Serviced once a week – for addtional cleaning at extra cost please enquire.
- Large open plan kitchen with modern granite worktops, electric hob and cooker, large double sink, dishwasher, microwave, large fridge and freezer and all equipment that you need for a comfortable stay, including dish soap, dish tabs and wash cloths
- Small lounge area off the kitchen with flat screen TV and full DSTV
- Large lounge area downstairs with 55 inch flat screen TV with full separate DSTV and DVD player, large sofa and bean bags.
- A indoor/ outdoor dining table (seats 8 – 10)
- Indoor braai area with folding doors opening onto the wooden deck and views of the sea – please bring your own braai grate with you.
- Large outdoor sheltered braai area with chimney, in view of large screen TV.
- A large dining table in front of indoor braai
- A large wooden deck over looking the beach with additional seating, bring your own sun umbrella if you require one.
- Four bathrooms, which include 4 showers and 2 baths and a guest toilet. Please note we do not provide bathroom toiletries.
- Every window has a sea view
- Kiddie gate on the main stair well.
- Utility room with washing Machine and powder, cleaning products, tumble dryer and ironing board and table tennis table.
- Beach towels and kiddies beach toys provided.
- Books and Games
- Dog friendly – a large bed and 2 bowls provided.
- We do not provide internet – please bring your own dongle to connect.
ALL ROOMS PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING
- Fine cotton linen
- Feather duvets & pillows
- A bathroom for each bedroom
- High quality towels
- Stunning views
- Local information
Please Note we are currently fully booked for December 2021 – 17th January 2022
Dunstone Beach House
Exclusive Hire of the 4 Bedroom Beach House (Self-Catering)
Please note that rates are dependant on the season.
Children and dogs are welcome, please let us know when booking.